- Posted by TradeDeal
- On May 4, 2016
- 0 Comments
- discount broking, tradedeal
What is FTP?
File Transfer protocol Popularly abbreviated as FTP is a commonly used protocol for exchanging files over the internet. Tradedeal provides you with a similar kind of services that can be used to transfer files. The client can go to the Login page and Click on “FTP” to access the service.
- The screen shows the login screen for the FTP service.
- The client needs to type the username and password provided by the firm in the textboxes.
- Once done, the client can click on the “login” option to login to the FTP.
- The screen shows the main window of the FTP which provides the user with a lot of valuable options that can be made use of.
- The list shows the folders made by the users.
- The “New directory” option can be used to create a new folder.
- The “upload” option can be used to upload a file/s from the computer to the virtual storage space.
- When the user clicks on “new directory” option, the New directory dialogue box appears on the screen.
- The user needs to type the name they want for the directory in the textbox.
- Once done, the user can click “ok” to create the directory (folder).
- The screen shows the new directory formed by the user.
- The client can use the “upload” option to upload file/s to the directory (folder).
- When the user clicks on the “upload”, the upload dialogue box appears on the screen.
- The user can click on the “choose file” option to choose the file on the computer that she/he wants to upload to the server.
- Once done, the client can click on the “Upload” button to upload the file.
- The “more actions” tab provides a lot of options that can be made use of by the users.
- A file or a folder can be added to the “favorites” by clicking on the “add to favorties” tab.
- The user can view the properties of the directory by clicking on the “Directory properties” tab.
- The user can switch to the main directory by clicking on the “go to directory” tab.
- The “preview Image” option can be used to view a preview of the file.
- If the directory contains pictures, the user can view a slideshow of the same by clicking on the “slideshow” option.
- If the directory contains video files, the user can play videos by clicking on “play media” option.
- If the user wants to delete a particular file, he/she can select the file and click on the delete option provided on the menu bar.
- The “search box’ on the top right bar can be used to search for the files using its name.
- The user needs to type the name of the file and click on the search icon to start the search.
- The user can change the way the folders are shown by clicking on the “Thumbnail” icon provided on the right hand side of the grey bar.
- If a file isn’t visible post the upload, the client can click on the “refresh” button to reload the server.
- Once done, the client can log out of the FTP server by clicking on the username displayed on the top-right corner of the screen.
- On clicking the name, a pop-out providing the log out option will appear.
- Click on it and the user will be logged out.